Friday, April 25, 2008

Support Group

First I have to say that I have had the worst PMS I have ever had this week. I really haven't had bad PMS since I stopped working. I think the stress of my job added to it. I have been on edge and my temper short. I really don't even want to drive because everything is annoying me right now. I just want my cycle to start and get some relief.

I went to a Resolve support group last night. This is the second one I have attended. There were only four of us last night. I really like the in real life support. I hate that this common bond has brought us together but it has made us instantly connect. I have always been a slow to warm up person but I don't feel that with this group. It is very validating.

Two of the women last night had failed IVF. I realized it really pisses me off when I hear about failed IVF. That is just completely not fair. A women puts her body through a lot with IVF. The egg is actually fertilized. Why does that fertilized egg not stick. Isn't that what is supposed to happen with a fertilized egg? Conception is supposed to take place right? I can't even imagine the huge disappointment that must be. I just feel for the women who that has happened too. I am disappointed and pissed off for you.

2 comments:

Adrianne said...

It does totally suck to hear about failed IVFs. I can't imagine what these women put themselves through, then to have it not work?! It seems like a cruel joke.

It makes me even more bitter when someone says 'oh just do IVF'. Yeah, just do it. It's that easy & foolproof not to mention inexpensive.

I'm glad you got some support at the Resolve meetings, sounds great!

Happy Friday :)

Lost in Space said...

I'm so glad you are able to get support from other IRL people dealing with IF. I have tried to attend, but they just aren't active in my area.

Yup, that failed IVF thing totally sucks. And the "just do IVF" as Adrianne said is one of the worst. People really have absolutely no clue. I've thought of documenting it day by day (including every med that gets injected and swallowed to the bloat to the appointments to the cost spent each day) just for my friends and family, but that means we have to tell them first that we are TTC. LOL.