Saturday, May 10, 2008

I got tagged!

4 things I did 10 years ago:

1. I was doing my social work internships at NHC Nursing Home and Wave's Inc. I always thought I would work with the elderly and that had been my main focus until my internship at Wave's. I decided that I loved working with individuals with developmental disabilities. That became my social work focus.

2. In December that year I finally graduated from college. It took me forever to figure out what I wanted a degree in. After changing it several times, dropping out to work for a while I decided on Social Work. It took me forever to figure it out but I was meant to be a social worker.

3. I got engaged!!!!

4. My migraines that had been gone since puberty came back with a vengeance. After many test I found at that one of the causes of my migraines was mild narcolepsy. Finding out about the narcolepsy put a lot of issues I had in perspective. Especially the non stop dreaming which were often nightmares and the night hallucinations.

4 things I did 5 years ago:

1. I went to China for the first time. We spent two weeks there. Since we do business there and know people in China I got to do some very unique things. It was during their Moon Festival. I got to have a Moon Festival dinner over at someones home. I never in my dreams thought life would take me to China.

2. I started co-chairing group therapy with staff and clients at my job. It was incorporating Dialectical Behavior Therapy. Learning DBT was a new turn for me and helped me deal with a lot of past issues that still haunted me. It also made me change my mind about getting my master's degree. I haven't yet because there isn't one close. My university MTSU is finally getting the MSW program and I will be able to finally go.

3. I went white water rafting for the first time. Several of my friends from college and I went down the Ocoee. We asked for the craziest guide they had and had one heck of a ride. It was so much fun.

4. I realized how short life is when one of my brothers was almost killed in an accident. He was pulling a trailer that was hooked up by someone else. He did not double check it and it was not on right. It flipped his truck and he needed to be life flighted to Vanderbilt. I decided it was time to quit ignoring my family and build relationships with them again.

4 Shows I love to watch:

1. Lost
2. Ghost Hunters
3. Intervention
4. CSI Las Vegas

4 Things I did yesterday:

1. I had my follie check ultrasound.

2. I bought sheets that did not fit my bed. It was worth a shot though 1000 tk on sale for 60.00. So now they will be returned.

3. I worked out at Curves.

4. I blew my workout and ate dinner at Olive Garden.

4 Things that make me happy:

1. My husband. We have been together 11 years and married for 8.

2. My beagle and my three black cats. They bring such joy. I would be lonely without them.

3. My hobby of metal work and jewelry making.

4. A nice cool fall day when the leaves are turned and falling.

Now I have to tag four people. Adrianne, Heather, Donna, Jen

2 comments:

Lost in Space said...

Working with the elderly is my "dream job". I envy your line of work. The people you work with that have developmental disabilities are so lucky to have you. (I know you aren't working with them now, but they are still very lucky to have had such a caring person in their lives.)

China sounds so cool. What an experience. You are one busy woman!

Adrianne said...

Cool! I'm going to do this, I'm just running behind! Thanks for tagging me!!