Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My 4th loss!

Sorry I was so short with my last post. I was very upset. My ultrasound on Friday did not have any growth from last week. There was also no visible embryo and there should have been at 6 weeks 3 days. I go in tomorrow for a d&c. I hate to have another surgery but I just can't wait it out. She also said that would be the only way they could do any testing.

These are my options. If the testing on the baby comes back normal I could do another clomid cycle and try Lovenox injections. Dr. E said that all though they have done every test they don't know everything and have had some luck with doing the injections without a specific cause. IVF with genetic testing. I have always thought I wouldn't want to do IVF with my history because what if I spend all that money and it happened again. Dr. E said they have had a lot of success with recurrent miscarriage patients and IVF. So now I just don't know. Adoption. I had all ready been looking into that and had an appointment with an agency but canceled when I got pregnant. Of course I can always give up and live child free. Buy a sports car and travel.

It is a lot to think about. I am not really thinking to much about it right now. I have been keeping myself busy making little Christmas trees that I sell. Those should be done today. So I don't know what I will do next. I am really tired of miscarriages. I just don't even want to think that I have had 4! What the heck? It is really trying and I just don't have any strength left.

3 comments:

Flower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flower said...

God will give you that strength and peace that you need to make it through this. Keep the faith and don't give up. Once again, I am so sorry for your losses.

Lost in Space said...

I am so sorry, Miah. I can't even begin to imagine.

Take your time with deciding what to do next. It will come to you.

Many hugs. You are (and will continue to be) in my thoughts and prayers.