Saturday, January 24, 2009

Still Here

Can't believe it has been so long since I posted or read any blogs! I am sorry and have a lot of catching up to do.

I had a very hard time after the miscarriage. I started having generalized anxiety and insomnia. I was constantly worried that something was going to happen to me, K or one of the furbabies. I would get myself so worked up I couldn't sleep or want to leave the house. K and I were often walking around the neighborhood with the beagle at 10:00 at night to try and help calm me down. I have always worried about things that are huge events in my life. But I am generally very laid back about normal daily activities. So this was a huge change for me and very scary. K was extremely worried about me. I am sure it being the holidays and me not meeting with my therapist during that time didn't help. Also everything seemed to be going wrong. I had to have a previous root canal retreated the Monday after the d&c which was worse then the first one. I also had an incident with chest pains a few days before Christmas. I was afraid to go to sleep. The next day I did go to the doctor. After the normal ekg and chest xray she told me it was probably costochondritis. A swelling of the ligament that connects the rib bone and the chest bone. I am sure that all that added to my constant worry something bad was going to happen. The ambien I got to sleep did not help especially if I was feeling anxious.

K of course mentioned all this to the RE at our follow up. Dr. E called a psychiatric ER to see what they would do. Since she did not feel I needed to be admitted there was nothing they could have done. She did not feel comfortable prescribing me anything and recommended I go see my general practitioner the next day. She did call my GP and explain my situation. He put me on Zoloft. I am also on a different medication for the insomnia which I will only be on a couple more weeks. It seems to be working. I have had one incident of anxiety in the past two weeks. That was when Autumn my 16 year old cat went out when it was 10 degrees out. I saw her go out and thought she would come right back in. About 30 minutes later I realized she hadn't come in. So I went looking for her. She was laying in the sun and was warm to touch silly girl. I think that anxiety was justified though. Anyway I am seeing my therapist regularly and we agree that 3 weeks was to long to go between appointments for now. I have also started back at Curves and walking everyday. I feel that has made a huge difference and hopefully I won't need the zoloft for more then 4 to 6 months. The doctor said that it needed to be at least 4 months or risk the anxiety coming back.

The genetic testing on the baby was another trisomy 16. The baby was a girl. K and I have made an appointment with a geneticist on 2/9. It really depends on what they say as to what our next steps are. It will probably be IVF with PGD. I haven't made a decision yet. My mindset is so negative right now that I know it is not the right time to decide. I am just going to see what the geneticist says.

I am off to Vegas for 10 days. I promise to catch up with everyone when I return.

3 comments:

Flower said...

I am praying for you and dh. You all have been through so much. Take the time to heal your wounds and when you are ready, God will direct you. Please have fun in Vegas. I am so jealous. You and dh need a break. Enjoy each other.

Steph said...

Glad you're back. You have been through quite a bit lately and need to rest that s for sure. I hope you feel better every week. Have fun in Vegas. :)

Lost in Space said...

Glad to see you back, Miah. I'm sorry it has been so hard and hope you are able to find a way to make it through your next steps. Enjoy Vegas! Many hugs.