Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Stupid Thyroid and Migraines

When I had my second opinion on my multinodular goiter Dr. W ran a load of blood test. All if it came back normal except I was deficient in vitamin D. Strange because I thought the prenatal would have been enough. My TSH was .63 he said that was perfect. There was no need to have radioactive iodine or have it removed. He felt like everything was fine no need to worry. He said I could get it rechecked in a few months if I wanted. He really did not feel it was necessary. I got the RE to test it because I have had a constant headache to migraine and usually that is a sign. Today my panel was normal except TSH was low at .26. Could it be the pregnancy and maybe it will go back up. My regular endo is of course out of town this week. I have so many questions. Is it an issue? Should I just have it retested in a few weeks? Should I get another opinion on taking the RAI. I will be furious if I end up needing the RAI when he said it wasn't necessary right now. Expecially because I would have to wait a year to start trying again. I could have had it taken care of in March and been that much closer to a year.

Yesterday I was feeling so positive that my next pregnancy will be it. Today that is gone. I can't wait to see the counselor on Thursday. Could not be soon enough.

About my migraines. My SIL and nieces all go to the chiropractor for theirs. They swear it has stopped them. They may get them twice a year now. She also said that C got horrible cramps and would pass out with her period. She said the Chiropractor helped that and her cycle went from 5 days most spent in bed to 2 functional days. Sure beats having a lap to check for endometriosis. So I have an appointment on Friday. I hope it works. If it does I can go back to work without needed the pregnancy category D seizure medications to keep the migraines away. So I have some hope there. I would love to go back to work.

1 comment:

Lost in Space said...

I'm so sorry you are having issues with your TSH. I hope your endo is able to clear everything up when he gets back.

I hope things go well with both your counselor and chiropractor. I can't imagine the pain of those migraines. Giant hugs.