Monday, June 9, 2008

I was worried

I was very worried yesterday. How I realized that my 2nd pregnancy wasn't going well was because my breast stopped hurting and weren't as full. Well I noticed they weren't hurting as badly on Saturday and felt almost normal on Sunday. So of course I was crying thinking the worst. Lets face it infertility has not made me the most positive person in the world. Then last night I started having sharp pains on my rights side where ovulation pains would be. So I called my RE and she saw me for an u/s. There is a gestational sac in the uterus. Good. The embryo is measuring at 5 weeks. She puts me at 5 weeks 5 days. She really felt good about that. I have a cyst on my right and left ovary. Now the pain is making better sense. The cyst are actually good because they help release progesterone. She says there is a possibility that I released two eggs and it could be an ectopic. However, she said that is very rare and really isn't that worried about it. She felt things were so good that there was no need for a Beta. I got one and progesterone check anyway to further put my mind at ease. Of course if my pain does not go away or gets worse she will see me before Monday. But other then that she will see me Monday.

Now I am going to try not to worry about every little thing. I keep telling myself that I think my m/c (although it hasn't been confirmed) were caused by my taking synthroid and I did not need it. When I would get pregnant my old endocrinologist told me to increase it by a pill a week. If I did not even need it and I increased it that could not have been good. Each time my thyroid was checked after it was hyper. My new endocrinologist felt it was the synthroid making it hyper and not the goiter. So I keep telling myself that was it and now everything will be fine. But of course my negativity has gotten the best of me in the past two years and positive thinking takes practice. It really does take more effort.

3 comments:

Lost in Space said...

Hugs, hun. I am sorry you were so worried and hope the appointment has helped to put you more at ease.

I'm thinking positive thoughts for you. (:

Adrianne said...

Thinking of you!!

((hugs))

Anonymous said...

:)

I'm glad everything is going good! Its so hard not to worry when it seems like you go thru hell trying to conceive. Stories like yours give me tons of hope! :)